Local Information & Shopping
There’s a well stocked McColl's shop in the village of Llangoed, 1 mile away, which opens from 7:00 until 20:00 in the winter and from 7:00 until 21:00 in the summer. Spar in Beaumaris, 3.5 miles away, opens until 23:00.
- In Beaumaris, you have a delicatessen, as well as a butchers, greengrocers and pharmacy.
- Waitrose in Menai Bridge, just 7 miles away
- Tesco superstore, 11 miles away, opens 24 hours except Sundays and is just off the A55.
- Marks & Spencer Food Hall, 10 miles away, opens until 20:00.
- Morrisons in Bangor opens until 20:00
- Aldi, Co-op and Lidl are all in Bangor, with Lidl and Aldi in Llangefni.
ShoppingBangor is the main shopping area but Llandudno, 30 miles and 40 minutes away, is a lovely Victorian shopping centre with even more choice.
In Bangor there are plenty of superstores such as Next, PC World, DW Sports Fitness, Argos, Comet, Curry’s, Pets at Home, Halfords, B&Q and Matalan. There’s also a Debenhams, WH Smith, Boots, River Island, New Look, Top Show and H&M etc. in the town centre.
In Beaumaris there is a nice little wine shop that also sells Le Cruset type cookware, a discount cook shop and antique and gift shops. Pretty Things have so many lovely items for your home, you may need extra space in your boot for the journey home.
In Menai Bridge there is a national award winning Beauty Salon as well as a delicatessen and a few other interesting shops.